Re: What are your thoughts on the Caiden Novels?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from user-37kahbr.dialup.mindspring.com on May 15, 1999 at 19:19:55:

In Reply to: What are your thoughts on the Caiden Novels? posted by Indiana James (Lambert) on May 15, 1999 at 17:54:16:

: I just picked up the two novels by Caiden. I heard that they were really awful. Yet some people actually enjoyed this literature. What are your reasons for liking/disliking his novels? Please, post your thoughts on these books and remember, NO SPOILERS!

Well I haven't read his White Witch but I thought Air Pirates wasn't especially good. It just isn't Indy... the action is minimal, no archaeology in it at all, in fact it's more like James Bond in the thirties if there only was some more action... but there's plenty of gadgets. The aviation aspect is interesting, trying to explain Indy's affinity with airplanes, but if you want interesting aviation reading there's plenty of other books out there you could look at. This was the second Indiana Jones novel I ever read (after The Genesis Deluge) and it really put me off Indy books until recently. This is just MHO, so you might react differently, but this is a rather controvertial topic. : )

Regards,
Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: