Re: Star Wars Tickets go on sale

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob from 162.10.138.28 on May 15, 1999 at 23:33:50:

In Reply to: Re: Star Wars Tickets go on sale posted by Deirdre Jones on May 12, 1999 at 14:57:48:

: : : Hey. A friend of mine up in NYC has been waiting in line for almost
: : : 3 days now. I figure they're going to be sold out once he gets to
: : : the head of the line, but I don't have the heart to tell him that.
: : : -graml

: : So much for that idea. Looks like all the websites a phone numbers for movie tickets are jammed, as they OBVIOUSLY would be.

: : Abner

: Here on the west coast tickets went on sale at 12 noon. I was able to pick up 6 tickets for opening morning. My back's still injuried so we'll see if I'll be able to sit through the 2 hour 12 minute movie without having to take any pain killers.

: Deirdre Jones

Rob here... God, I had no trouble getting tickets at all. Here's my story (and I'm sticking to it)
I live in Kansas City and Like all of you I've heard on the news about people waiting in line for days and weeks for "Phantom Menace" tickets so I figured way back that I'd just give the theatre over to the geeks for the first few weeks and not worry about it. But I was at the theatre today, May 15, to see "Black Mask" (Don't bother it sucked) I overheard the girl at the guest services counter talking about what kind of crowd they'd have when "Phantom Menace" opens so I thought, "What the hell, I'll ask." So I asked her if they were still selling advance tickets. She said, "Sure, what day do you want."
I said, "Well, I know opening day is sold out but how about early the next week?"
She said, "Opening day's not sold out yet. I've got plenty of seats for the daytime shows. Only the night shows are sold out."
So I bought four tickets for the 4:30 show at $3.50 each.
My brother couldn't believe I didn't have to wait in line at all for tickets and my niece almost had a heart attack when I told her we were gonna see it on opening day.
If it's a good movie, and I'm sure it will be, I'm gonna go see it a dozen times over the course of the summer.
So if you live in Kansas City, don't buy the hype that there's no way to see it on opening day. At least here we've got plenty of seats.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]