Getting "Star Wars" tickets in Kansas City!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob from 162.10.138.28 on May 16, 1999 at 00:01:00:

Rob here,
If you live in Kansas City, Mo. or thereabouts don't buy in to all the hype about how hard "Phantom Menace" tickets are to get ahold of.
"Phantom" is playing at about a dozen moviehouses on maybe fifty screens for our population of 500,000 so your chances are way better here than in Manhattan where it's only in four theatres. I heard it may take til November to see it in New York.
I had originally intended to avoid the theatre that first week and try later to see "Phantom Menace" figuring that the hardcore geeks would flood the place until Memorial Day.
Anyway, I was at AMC Independence Commons theatre today, May 15, to see "Black Mask" (Which sucked) While I was there I thought I'd see if I could get tickets for the day after Memorial Day. I asked the girl at guest services if they were still selling advance tickets and she said, "Sure, what day would you like?"
I said, "Well, I know that opening day is sold out but do you have anything for early the next week?"
Imagine my surprize when she told me that she still had plenty of tickets for May 19. Only the nighttime shows were sold out but all the day shows had lots of seats left.
So I bought four tickets for the 4:30 show which is the cheapest showtime of the day anyway; my tickets only cost $3.50 each.
So if you're in Kansas City and thought you were out of luck on seeing "Phantom Menace" on May 19, try again for a daytime show and I'll see you at the movies!!
"May the Force be with you"
Rob

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: