Re: Getting "Star Wars" tickets in Kansas City!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB from 162.10.138.28 on May 16, 1999 at 01:53:00:

In Reply to: Wested lining posted by The barber Short Round on May 15, 1999 at 19:41:13:

Rob here,
If you live in Kansas City, Mo. like I do, don't buy into the hype that "Phantom Menace" tickets are hard to get ahold of. We've all seen news footage of people waiting for weeks in line to get tickets for opening day of "Phantom Menace" and thought that only a lucky few would get in.
That may be so in Manhattan where "Phantom Menace" is only playing in four theatres. In fact, I heard that in New York it could take til November for everyone gets to see the movie.
We'll have better luck in Kansas City since the movie is playing at about a dozen theatres and on more than fifty screens for our 500,000 population.
I had intended to avoid the theatre until after Memorial Day because I figured that the hardcore geeks would flood the place that first week and maybe I'd have a chance after they'd all seen it a time or two. But I was at AMC Independence Commons Theatre today, May 15, to see "Black Mask" (which sucked) and I overheard the girl at Guest Services talking about what kind of crowd they expected on May 19 and I thought I'd ask about the availabilty of tickets for the day after Memorial Day.
I asked, "Are you still selling advance tickets for "Phantom Menace?"
She said, "Sure, what day would you like?"
I said, "Well, I know that opening day is sold out but what about early the next week?"
Imagine my surprize when she said, "Oh, opening day isn't sold out yet. I have plenty of tickets. Only the nighttime shows are sold out. There's still lots of daytime seats left."
Then she gave me a chart listing all the showtimes for the opening day and I bought four tickets for the 4:30 show. Incidentally, the 4:30 show is also the cheapest show of the day, my tickets only cost $3.50 each.
My brother was stunned when I told him I got us tickets for opening day without standing in line at all and I thought my neice was going to have a heart attack when I told her we were going.
So anyway, if you live in Kansas City, Mo. and thought you had no chance of seeing "Phantom Menace" on opening day, give your local theatre a call and see if they still have any daytime tickets left. You might be surprized.
I'll see you at the movies and "May the Force be with you."

ROB

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: