Love is.....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jerico from 207.0.124.135 on May 16, 1999 at 19:15:45:

In Reply to: What were Indy's feelings towards Deirdre? posted by Meg on May 16, 1999 at 16:55:59:

....not really just thinking about that one person, and that one person alone. Indy was, after all, just a man, and he was bound to get attracted to others. But the fact that even if he was attracted to them and still held off because of Deirdre, well, I don't know about you, but that speaks about how he really felt about her.
Does being truly in love mean you have to devote all your thoughts, all your sight, and all your emotions and feelings to the object of your affection? For me, no. I'm in love right now, and that's saying much for I don't readily confess that I am. The fact that I am just goes to show how I really feel for her. But the point is, even if I'm desperately and hopelessly caught up in her charms, I still watch and see, and yes, I sometimes flirt, with other women. But I know where the line is drawn, where the boundaries are. Indy is smart, and I think he knows his too.
Meg, you yourself said that "It was like his relationship with all the other women, except he respected Deirdre more." I guess that about puts it into words. He respects Deirdre, not because she is his equal in their thinking, but because he really cares for her. Respect is borne out of love. I can't say it more than that.
And you should try being in love, girl. The pain that it entails might be hard, but believe, the feeling of being loved is worth it.
Cripes, i'm beginning to sound like a love adviser.
Till then.

---Indiana Jerico

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: