the horse's mouth

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by dave from ip31.ridgewood.nj.pub-ip.psi.net on May 17, 1999 at 19:28:41:

In Reply to: Re: Indy IV due 2001!!! posted by ~The Raider~ on May 17, 1999 at 18:35:16:

Well, Spielberg did say he wanted to have it out summer 2001 (Access Hollywood interview) and Lucas recently said he just finished a script (Star Wars Insider March 99). Personally I think McCallum is annoying, he never seems to know what's going on and with his recent statement saying not for 4 or 5 years because of GL, SS, and HF "commitments" I think he's either out of the loop or making up some answer off the top of his head or deliberately trying to confuse.

Speileberg hasn't commited to anything solid past Minority Report except to say that he wants IJ 4 out in 2001. Lucas would only be producing which he managed to do on Raiders and Temple while still doing Empire and Return of the Jedi and Ford hasn't made any definitive public statement about his future movie plans.

Maybe it's wishful thinking on my part but 2001 sounds reasonable, McCallum does not.

Cheers - Dave

:
: : : According to the newspaper I've seen, the Friday 14th Edmonton Journal, Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent is due for 2001.
: : : What have you to say about this one?

: : : ~The Raider

: : I don't know....with all the buzz about this movies opening date, I'm a bit skeptical.
: : LFM

: Normally I'm a bit skeptical myself, but this is a reputable paper, that's what has me puzzled. The lineup seems to be like this:
: 2000 Jp3
: 2001 Indy 4
: 2002 Star Wars 2

: ~The Raider

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: