Re: Searching for Indy's shirt

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn002a-076.cybertours.com on May 18, 1999 at 14:10:55:

In Reply to: Re: Searching for Indy's shirt posted by Steve on May 18, 1999 at 09:07:37:

: : I've just had a shirt modified to look like Indy's. It was a utility style, bellow pockets, epaulettes, etc.. and I had the strips sewn on the front.

: : This looks as good as the real thing. So if you do find a shirt you're happy with and it's not too expensive, buy two and carve up one to use for the strips.

: : I can guarantee you'll be very happy with results (as long as a good job is done on it).

: : I now have one totally tailor-made and one modified. Hopefully, I should soon have a few pics to post.

: : Regards,
: : Brian

: The shirt I referred to is a poly/cotton blend. I have purchased 3 safari shirts of the Adventure Wear collection, 100% cotton poplin, and although they aren't just like Indy's, I really like them, and wear them constantly. I like the poly/cotton shirts, but I prefer cotton as summer wear down here in the South. Steve

I had one made from scratch by a seamstress friend of mine (pics of it can be seen on Indy's Diggs, I think (I can't remember where they ended up, but I've had a bunch of people email me to ask how it was made. She did a really nice job but it isn't made out of the proper material (pima cotton). It was a "test shirt" to see if one could be made, and is crafted in muslin (a coarser cotton than the pima). The "strips" of material running down the front of the shirt are actually pleats. My friend lives in Maryland and I am in Maine, so I don't know when I'll be able to get together with her again. She did express an interest in MAYBE making more of them to order for folks but I can't guarantee this and I also don't know what the cost would be. It may be less expensive in the long run to just wait until Noel Howard produces his copy of the film shirt. I am purchasing one of those when he has them made, and may show it to my friend to see if she could make them for less money (obviously wouldn't be exact, and probably would be of a slightly different material). I will keep the forum aprised of these happenings should they occur...

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]