Ever wondered what happened to the bullwhip?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CosmicCat from th-gt142-227.pool.dircon.co.uk on May 19, 1999 at 13:26:27:

The forum wasn't around in 1990 (heck, I don't think Netscape and Internet Explorer were around in 1990!) so hopefully I'm not repeating a post from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...

According to two ancient miniscule articles in newspapers in England, the bullwhip used by Harrison Ford in the Indiana Jones films was auctioned off at Christies in London on 20 December 1990, in order to raise funds for the London University Institute of Archeology. It was expected to raise between 4,000-5,000 pounds but was eventually sold for 12,650 pounds (that's $20,240-ish. $500 for a David Morgan is a bargain! :) It was last reported to reside in the Rock Cafe, Paris.

The bullwhip was described as hand-made, 16 plaits of kangaroo hide with a 270 cm lash. That makes it a *9* foot bullwhip that was being shown on hand and not 10, although I wouldn't expect it to be the only one they had on set...

Marilyn Monroe's wedding certificate went for 7,150 pounds ($11,440 ish), so at least the buyers had their priorities right :)

Miouw.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]