Re: Silver Zipper!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive9iu.dialup.mindspring.com on May 20, 1999 at 10:50:21:

In Reply to: Silver Zipper!!! posted by IJFan on May 19, 1999 at 20:46:47:

: Just got my new Wested. I left my last one in an Applebees in Grand Junction Colorado and it was never turned in. Someone's got a little piece of history he knows nothing about.

: Anyway, the last one (Raiders style) was a bit on the short side, so I ordered a Temple one this time. Unfortunately, I forgot to spec the satin lining and so got cotton, but it's not too bad. I actually like it except that it doesn't slide over a shirt as nicely.

: But the really cool thing is that in my email, I sort of plead with Peter to use the silver colored hardware (zipper and d-rings) when he built this one, and I got it! I'm psyched.

: The down side is that it's a bit narrow through the shoulders and when I went to test the limits of its articulation, a not-too-crucial thread in the back snapped (one in the visible stitch across the shoulders which basically serves to hold the seam hemmed inside the jacket. The structural seam is hidden below. I think it should fit fine in the long run, though.

:
: -IJFan

I think that's really cool (that you got the silver hardware)! Does it look more like the jacket in the films to you? Is it still a YKK zipper? I think you will grow to like the cotton lining. After seeing both it is my preference. Did you get the new or distressed leather? Incidentally, I have been to that Applebee's in Grand Junction, CO (although I never saw a Wested there).

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: