Re: How old were you Indyfans when you saw your very first Indiana Jones movie?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from ivy.tc.pw.com on May 20, 1999 at 13:48:22:

In Reply to: Re: How old were you Indyfans when you saw your very first Indiana Jones movie? posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 20, 1999 at 10:53:36:

: : : Yeah, I thought that would be an interesting question to ask. I was 11 when I saw my first Indiana Jones movie back in winter 1993 (I saw the other two in April or May 1994). How about the rest of you Indyfans.

: :
: : I was almost 11 when I first saw Raiders (when it was reissued during the summer of 1982, a year after its initial release), but then saw the next two as they opened (I was almost 13 when Doom came out, and almost 18 when Last Crusade came out).

: : Although I have fond movie-going memories for all three films, my fondest would be for Last Crusade (which came out in 1989) for several reasons. One: it came out right as I was graduating high school (an awesome year for me!). And two: that was perhaps the best summer for movies in recent memory (Last Crusade, Batman, Lethal Weapon 2, etc. ... need I say more?). There have been summers before and since that had one blockbuster movie, but '89 was the only year in recent memory that had several blockbusters at the same time. It was a magical time! :)

: :
: : -G
: Don't forget Honey, I Shrunk The Kids, when I was seven that was the movie I wanted to see most. For some reason I never knew Last Crusade even existed, I heard of Batman, but that was it. I really don't get why.

Oh yeah, I remember watching Honey, I Shrunk The Kids... I didn't expect it to be very good as I walked into the theater, but I was pleasantly surprised. I even remember getting the big plastic Honey, I Shrunk The Kids cup at McDonald's the next day (I still have it, as well as the big plastic Batman cup I got at Taco Bell a few days later). :)

Another big movie to add to the list of Summer 1989 movies is License To Kill (the last James Bond film to include Timothy Dalton). :)

The amazing thing about most of the blockbuster movies that summer is that they came along with little-to-no prerelease hype (except for Batman, and even THAT movie didn't have the monster hype-machine that is propelling the new Star Wars movie now!)! Of course, that could be in large part because there really wasn't an internet then (at least for the general public). I feel old, since I can clearly recall all that! :(

MAN, has the world changed in ten years! :(

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: