Re: Wested

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 16, 1998 at 11:24:04:

In Reply to: Re: Wested posted by Dale Dassel on April 15, 1998 at 19:16:31:

: : :
: : : : :
: : : : : : : : : Hey Indiana GJR, when you wrote that Wested Leathers was making the jackets for the fourth Indy film, where did you get the information? You see, there are a lot of rumors out there concerning Indy IV but there doesn't seem to be anything that can be substantiated. How do you know that Wested is constructing jackets for the film?

: : : : : : : HEY PAUL,
: : : : : : : WHEN I ORDERED MY WESTED JACKET RECENTLY, IASKED A QUESTION: (ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE THE JACKET FOR INDY 4 ?) THE RESPONSE WHICH SEEMED TO BE HESITANT... WAS... ( IF THERE IS ANOTHER INDIANA JONES TO BE MADE THAN WE WILL SUPPLY THE JACKETS) BETWEEN YOU AND ME, I THINK THE WHOLE 4TH INDY FILM IS BEING KEPT SECRET. I ASKED A SOLID QUESTION AND GOT A SHAKY RESPONSE!!!!

: : : : : : : Boy, that's pretty telling. I wonder if Peter Botwright could get sued by LucasFilms if he ever slipped up and revealed anything? If he knows something I hope he keeps mum because I ordered my jacket on March 25th and I don't want anything fouling up the construction or delivery of that baby. - CP

: : : : : I WOULDNT WORRY , WESTED LEATHER AND PETER ARE PRETTY DAMN SLICK!!
: : : : : LATER ,
: : : : : INDIANA GJR

: : : : Well folks, just hung up the phone with one of my daughters who told me MY Wested Leather jacket had just arrived at my house. I'm going to see just how much self control I have in keeping from leaving work for a while to check it out. Regards. Michaelson

: : : HEY MICHAELSON,
: : : WHEN YOU GET A CHANCE TO RECAPTURE YOUR BREATH,
: : : LET ME KNOW HOW YOU LIKE THE JACKET, GIVE ME YOUR REVIEWS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM BECAUSE I JUST ORDERED THE JACKET AFTER MY GIRLFRIEND TOOK OVER THE OLD RAIDERS VERSION. IM A LITTLE IMPATIENT ON RECEIVING THE LC VERSION BY WESTED AND WANT TO KNOW EVERY THING ABOUT IT!
: : : THANKS A BUNCH,
: : : INDIANA GJR

: : Will do. Just for the record, I ordered it, and received confirmation of start of job on March 10th, and received it today, April 15th. Pretty good turn around. I've already looked the coat over (didn't last an hour before running home to open the package). I didn't get to do a real going over,so I'll reserve report until tomorrow. I can confirm that there was a certificate of authenticity signed by Peter Botwright as to it being a REAL Raiders jacket from the original patterns used in Harrison Fords Indiana Jones jacket. More tomorrow. Regards. Michaelson

: Congratulations, Michaelson!!! So, what do you think? It's the
: real thing, isn't it? How's the fit? Don't forget- once you get the side
: straps adjusted the way you want, they tuck into the hand warmer slits
: behind the pockets. If you watch the movies, they are done this way as
: well, though some scenes show them sticking out. As I told you before,
: I didn't figure it out until a week and a half after I had the thing.
: So, what's your overall impression? And, most importantly- what does the
: certificate look like and say?

: -Dale

OK, here it is, briefly...unlike you, I have started to lose the fight with gravity. Upon removing my jacket from the packaging and putting it on, it fit me like Peter had taken personal measurements from me, and made the jacket to my EXACT specs. It fit me perfectly with absolutely no adjustments of straps or otherwise. I cannot add anything else to what has already been said all through this forum except my surprise at the extreme light weight. To those who have ever picked up a pair of regular dress shoes, then picked up a high quality pair of Rockport dress shoes, you'll then understand the difference. Every seam, pocket, etc. was perfectly made. You can see the pride in the craftsmanship. The certificate that comes with it states it is indeed a duplicate of the jacket made for Harrison Ford for Raiders of the Lost Ark, and is signed by Peter Botwright. The posting we saw to Micah from him was true, and if you didn't get a certificate from him with your coat, I would indeed contact him for one. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]