Re: Marcus

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on May 20, 1999 at 22:48:46:

In Reply to: Hey yourself.... posted by Michaelson on May 20, 1999 at 07:17:27:

I agreee that they really messed up the Marcus character by turning him into a bumbler in "Last Crusade." The Marcus Brody we meet in "Raiders" is certainly not a foolish man and he could carry a series of adventure novels as long as they were set several years before "Raiders," maybe he could have been running around Egypt around the time that Carter and Carnarvon(?) discovered King Tut.
Marcus said in "Raiders" that he would have gone after the Ark himself five years earlier. He probably lost his adventurous edge when he took that desk job at the museum.

Incedentally, I posted the original query and I was thinking "adventure" novels. I'm surprised that no one mentioned Marion Ravenwood. I think she'd be great as a heroine of her own books. She spent years running around the world after "bits of junk" with her father and we know that she had romantic adventures starting at a very young age; she was fifteen to Indy's twenty-five when they had the fling that cost Indy his relationship with Marion's father.

My brother and I were talking about this the other day and he said that if you wanted to go in a more Stephen King sort of direction then Toht would make an interesting star of a book.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]