Good point

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Chris Kivlehan from ppp-17.ts-2.chi.idt.net on May 22, 1999 at 09:17:35:

In Reply to: EVERYONE READ THIS!!! But be warned, it might not be pleasant!!! posted by KALI-MA on May 21, 1999 at 12:57:18:

I think you have quite a good point in your manifesto. Taking the prequel for example, I was quite a bit annoyed with the unnecessary cameos. I had to roll my eyes when Captain Panaka reads off R2-D2's number to the queen, and even at C-3PO's cameo. It all seemed very forced and silly.

There was an even worse cameo according to the Phantom Menace Illustrated Screenplay: One by GREEDO! It's from a cut scene, which actually is a very important scene that Lucas should have left in where Anakin initates a fist fight with a little Greedo, and Qui-Gon lectures him on the dark side. I liked that scene, because at least it gives you a hint in the movie that Anakin's got some kind of streak in him that could lead him to the dark side. But making that character Greedo himself was lame.

The midi-chlorians explaination was very Star Trek-ish, and I didn't like it (if I wanted Trek, I'd watch Trek). I was happy with the Force being a mystical energy field. Now it's microscopic parasites.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]