Correction...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from port3.westworld.ca on May 22, 1999 at 12:19:21:

In Reply to: Re: Good point posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 22, 1999 at 12:17:32:

: :
: : I think you have quite a good point in your manifesto. Taking the prequel for example, I was quite a bit annoyed with the unnecessary cameos. I had to roll my eyes when Captain Panaka reads off R2-D2's number to the queen, and even at C-3PO's cameo. It all seemed very forced and silly.

: : There was an even worse cameo according to the Phantom Menace Illustrated Screenplay: One by GREEDO! It's from a cut scene, which actually is a very important scene that Lucas should have left in where Anakin initates a fist fight with a little Greedo, and Qui-Gon lectures him on the dark side. I liked that scene, because at least it gives you a hint in the movie that Anakin's got some kind of streak in him that could lead him to the dark side. But making that character Greedo himself was lame.

: : The midi-chlorians explaination was very Star Trek-ish, and I didn't like it (if I wanted Trek, I'd watch Trek). I was happy with the Force being a mystical energy field. Now it's microscopic parasites.

: Actually, I loved the cameo appearance by C-3P0. It was cool ("Naked? What do you mean? I'm naked?"). I thought that was interesting how the future villain Darth Vader made such a lovable, human-like droid. As for the Force, it still is an energy field, the midichlorian thing was an addition. The Phantom Menace was very on-par with the rest of the Star Wars movies.

I meant to say that quote was what C-3P0 said when learning he's not 100% complete.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]