Re: QUERY: Indy's attitude toward women...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on May 22, 1999 at 21:33:54:

In Reply to: Re: QUERY: Indy's attitude toward women... posted by Adam on May 21, 1999 at 09:55:04:

: After all the sub-zero IQ intelligence level posts on this board, it's nice to see a topic that is somewhat interesting. I think your observations and comments are all understandable.

: This argument has often been debated -- on a much more extreme -- with the James Bond character, who was one of the inspirations for the Jones character. I don't think Indy is nearly as aggressive with women as Bond, but it's obvious that (particularly in RAIDERS) he has a dark edge.

: As for INDY IV, I'd like to see how they might advance this personna. I mean, c'mon -- Ford will be nearing 60 by the time he gets around to another sequel (it's almost 20 years since the first film!) and it would be a BIG mistake to play the character as though he hasn't aged a day.

ROB T. here,
First thanks for the compliment..
I'm interested in seeing how they'll address Indy's age in the next film also. I think they'll have to set Indy IV in the early fifties or so which will be unfortunate since I think the film will suffer some with the absence of the Nazis. I read somewhere that since "Schindler's List" Spielberg is no longer interested in portraying Nazis in the same way as he did in "Raiders." It's too bad since they make the perfect villains for Indy. They can be portrayed as smart and ruthless as well as mindless followers. And there's always lots of them willing to die or kill for whatever prize Hitler has them going after.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]