Re: "Republic Credits? Uh, Republic credits are no good around here! I need something more real"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive85p.dialup.mindspring.com on May 23, 1999 at 10:39:34:

In Reply to: "Republic Credits? Uh, Republic credits are no good around here! I need something more real" posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 23, 1999 at 09:26:38:

: So, once again people are on my case about Star Wars. Well, Dietrich, I don't know George Lucas personally, but he did think up everything 20 years ago. Maybe not every excruciating detail, but he knew exactly what was going to happen. And Meg, you are dead on, that's what I was trying to say. In a recent interview with Rick McCallum, he said George knew the story all along, and what was going to happen, this is HIS vision, and he knows what he is doing.

Yes, from what I've read this is true. He did have the story 20 years ago, but not in detail. Maybe that midichlorian stuff is new, or maybe Ben Kenobi just didn't have the technology to test for it while living as a hermit in #4. Or maybe he didn't need to since he knew who Luke was.

Just saw #1 last night, and I'm really excited to see the next installment in the series! It wiil be really interesting to see the fall of the republic and the fall from grace of Anakin Skywalker. I can already picture the super-dramatic last scene of Episode 3 where they put the Mask on Darth Vader!

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]