Re: Distressing the Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gary from 93.borrego.uia.net on May 23, 1999 at 23:30:48:

In Reply to: Distressing the Jacket posted by Abner on May 21, 1999 at 13:35:52:

: If you can't already tell, the jacket is my own personal obsession. I think it is the best Indy item you can get, followed by the hat (which I don't have). Anyway, a new Raiders jacket also recently arrived here. This one has the new leather with satin as opposed to my other one which is pre-distressed and cotton. Like most of you, I was also surprised by the light weight. The pre-distressed version seems to be made of an entirely different leather which is thicker and heavier. I hope to take some pictures of the two jackets and post them so I can give some definitive answers to questions regarding the differences between the jackets and linings for everyone looking to get their own Wested.
: On a similar note...does anyone have any information regarding how the jackets were distressed for the movies? I thought about trying a fine grade sandpaper on the seams. Dragging it behind a truck would obviously wreck it, as they used up 5 jackets to film that scene. This may be a question to ask Peter Botwright, but I would love to make this new jacket look more like the jackets in the films. It's just too "new" for my taste right now.

: And it smells way worse than the first one!!

:
: Cheers,
: Abner

The best way to make your jacket look used is to use it all the time. Mine is about a year old and is starting to get a worn look to it with out it being riped up. I ware mine any chance I get especially when going to DLand To the Indy ride, it gets wet and rubs up aginst the natives in the park when fighting my way through the lines.
Just a thought
gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: