Re: Other films Indy fans might like...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Webley from odo.belgium.eu.net on May 24, 1999 at 02:52:01:

In Reply to: Re: Other films Indy fans might like... posted by Nick Kismet on May 23, 1999 at 21:53:37:

: : Isaw "The Mummy" for the second time the other day and I was wondering about other films in the adventure genre that I might like to rent and thought I'd ask if any of you had some suggestions?
: : I've seen "Beau Geste" and "Gunga Din" and "Robin Hood" and "Mask of Zorro" and "Mark of Zorro." Any others I should see?
: : Also, there's a film called "The Four Feathers" that I've heard was good. Has anyone seen it and can tell me if it's worth seeking out?

: : Thanks.

: A few years ago, there was a remake of King Solomon's Mines, starring Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone. The productin values are pretty bad, but the movie does have its fun moments. Better is the version of KSM from the fifties, starring Stewart Granger and Debora Kerr. There isn't as much cliffhanger action, but it is a beautiful film with some decent acting.
: Chamberlain made a sequel to his KSM that was almost too horrible to watch...notice I say, almost...when you are hungry enough, even junk food aint so bad.
: In keeping with the time period, some fun flicks in the last few years include The Phantom, The Shadow and The Rocketeer. Rocketeer is probably the best of those three, but the others are fun, if a little overacted.
: One last favorite of mine is Congo, made a few years ago. It is also about a quest for King Solomon's mines, based on a book by Michael Crichton. The book is WAY better than the movie, but if its visuals you want, then Congo has some great ones.
: If I think of any more, I'll add to this post.

I really enjoyed The Shadow and The Rocketeer but Congo wasn't that good as the novel, much more exciting. What about "Romancing the Stone"? That was pritty good.
-Webley-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]