Re: Question for Michaelson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 24, 1999 at 08:49:36:

In Reply to: Question for Michaelson posted by Anejo Joe on May 23, 1999 at 19:28:16:

: I just saw The Mummy. Do you know what kind of revolvers Brendan Fraser carried? I did not recognize them. They looked a lot like a LeMat, but of course they were not. They did seem to hold a lot of ammo, though.

: The movie owed a lot to Indiana Jones. Some to George Romero's Night Of the Living Dead, too.

I saw the movie twice myself, and in the brief moments you get to see the revolvers they appear to be the double action variant of the Webley- Richardson revolvers of the early 1900's, but then you sure don't get a real clear look at them. The other revolvers are really neat to see too, as Bennie's revolver appeared to be a Colt "Alaska" which was a military revolver used about 2 years or so at the turn of the century, a lot of Colt New Services, Police Positives, Peace Makers, and Colt .45 autos. I would LOVE to own the bag he carried around myself, but you know there is NO way it was as light as he carried it around, let alone capable of floating as it did when he jumped off the ship. And as to the number of rounds he seemed to be able to fire out of the revolvers, let's face it, John Wayne's Colt Peacemaker could fire 14 times after the film editor got done with him (grins). Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]