Re: Phantom Menace kinda sucked...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mack from 168.191.153.231 on May 24, 1999 at 10:35:50:

In Reply to: Phantom Menace kinda sucked... posted by ROB T. on May 24, 1999 at 02:14:08:

I think your totally wrong. This movie was typically Star Wars in all respects. I thought all of the computer effects were well blended in with the movie and the CGI/human interaction was the best I had ever seen. Did you know that Jar Jar was an actuall live actor with a mask on? They just used CGI effects to enhance him. In fact, the only gripe I had with this movie was Jake Loyd's performance. That kid isn't cute, isn't funny, and can't act. I did, however like his character.

I'm just sick of hearing people bad mouth this movie is all. It makes me fear for it's survival. The truth is, this movie sounds, plays, and looks like a typicall Star Wars movie. I'm begining to think that I'm the only one who realizes this and it's everyone else who is losing sight of what Star Wars was all about. Everyone in my inner circle of Star Wars fans (most of which were there for the original release in '77) think the same way.

-Mack: One Who Likes Episode 1

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]