Re: HAT BASHING

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001b-080.cybertours.com on May 24, 1999 at 15:45:32:

In Reply to: HAT BASHING posted by David Zaritsky on May 24, 1999 at 10:49:06:

: I am soon to be receiving my Herbert Johnson hat, which I am informed will NOT be creased and bashed....can anyone tell me how to properly crease and bash a hat...or is their a link to help me with the process?

Did they tell you at HJ that it will come uncreased? interesting. I have ordered and received two Indy fedoras from HJ and both came creased as I specified. If you do receive it that way, the best way to do it, (I find) is to put some cool water in a spray bottle and spray the crown with an even mist (not so much that it is soaking wet, but just damp enough to mold with your hands). Form the top crease first by putting your hand sideways like a "karate chop" and slowly and evenly push down until the crease is at the height you want it, holding your other hand inside the hat to help hold the shape. Let the hat dry and then repeat the spraying process to then put the pinch in the front. This would all be easier with a wooden hat block of course, but who of us is lucky to have a full assortment of hatmaking blocks?

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]