Re: Other films Indy fans might like...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Goodsport from adsl-216-102-199-185.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net on May 24, 1999 at 23:05:03:

In Reply to: Other films Indy fans might like... posted by ROB T. on May 23, 1999 at 21:25:30:

: Isaw "The Mummy" for the second time the other day and I was wondering about other films in the adventure genre that I might like to rent and thought I'd ask if any of you had some suggestions?
: I've seen "Beau Geste" and "Gunga Din" and "Robin Hood" and "Mask of Zorro" and "Mark of Zorro." Any others I should see?
: Also, there's a film called "The Four Feathers" that I've heard was good. Has anyone seen it and can tell me if it's worth seeking out?

: Thanks.

I just saw "The Mummy", and it was pretty good. Nowhere near as good as any of the Indy movies, but still very enjoyable!

Another film to see would be "The Maltese Falcon", which is set only a few years later than the Indy movies (in 1941). Although it's more a mystery (set in San Francisco) than an action/adventure film, it does deal with an ancient (or at least very old) tresure - and remains a film-noir classic!

-G

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]