1941 and The Color Purple ARE available

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive89f.dialup.mindspring.com on May 25, 1999 at 17:38:12:

In Reply to: Speilburg and DVD posted by George on May 25, 1999 at 12:53:20:

: Is there any particular reason that there are NONE of Speilburg's movies available on DVD? I also noticed that none of Lucas's movies are avaliable either. Is it a legal problem or just that Speilburg doesn't like DVD?

But you're right, none of his hits like E.T., Close Encounters, Jurassic Park, or the 3 movies I don't need to name here are available. I think he wanted to wait and see if DVD would be here to stay or if it would be a flash in the pan like Beta videocassettes before investing in supporting the technology. No doubt about it, though, DVDs have caught on faster than anyone imagined. I hope he's waited on Indy in order to make sure that the transfer to DVD is as high quality as possible. The first DVDs to come out weren't that good. DVD also can make imperfections in the film more obvious, and the movies may need remastering.

I heard he would start releasing his big name titles after 2 million DVD players were sold. Supposedly this happened recently. I hope we can look forward to Indiana Jones and Saving Private Ryan on DVD by the end of the year.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: