Re: ToD Poster

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from user-37kahdi.dialup.mindspring.com on May 25, 1999 at 18:39:32:

In Reply to: ToD Poster posted by sajnu on May 25, 1999 at 13:51:44:

: While I'm thinking about it...

:
: What ever happened to the original poster for Temple of Doom? (You know, the scene of Indy standing between the two pillars.) I remember when the video came out, I always wondered why they went with the new photo, (Indy looking back, amidst a collage of pics). You never see anything with that original photo now, but that's the only poster I ever saw when it was in theatres, and on all the stuff that came out around that time, (the novelization, official movie book, games, etc.). Now everything bears the new photo, the scripts, videos, books, games. Is there some reason they changed it, maybe legal or something?

: I like the video cover, but I always thought the original was so cool.

I don't know why they changed it Sanju, but both the original and the later versions are available at http://www.myfavoritemovie.com - as well as the standard Raiders and Crusade ones for $25 a piece if you want one. I myself am looking for the original for Raiders, the one with "From the creators of Jaws and Star Wars" or some such at the top and Indy's face on a brownish background, but I can't find this one anywhere, anybody got an idea where else to look?

Regards,
Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: