Re: 1941 and The Color Purple ARE available

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB103-16.splitrock.net on May 25, 1999 at 19:58:40:

In Reply to: Re: 1941 and The Color Purple ARE available posted by The Man with the Hat on May 25, 1999 at 18:26:05:

Rumors have Saving Private Ryan out on DVD around October, with the sale of the video. Of course, this is only rumor.
For the Indy trilogy, again rumnor has Paramount looking at a Christmas release, again unsubstantiated at this time. But just to let you know, we are only getting most info on DVD releases for July right now. So don't look for any official confirmation until around August or September.
The last thing I heard about Spielberg in regards to DVD, is that he is a supporter of DVD. If you look at the DIVX titles, I don't think there's any more Spielberg movies out on DIVX than there are on DVD, unless he released "Ryan" on DIVX. None of his classic titles have hit anywhere. But I say again, I know it's hard but be patient. DVD is the fasted growing medium, beating out laserdisc, and VHS. All the movies we love, I truly believe will be out on DVD very soon.

Lucas does have American Graffitti out on DVD. A very nice one at that, even though it's a little expensive.
But as far as directing the only other thing that I know of is the Star Wars movies and maybe THX-1138. Unfortunately, rumors about the Star Wars trilogy hitting DVD put them out sometime between Christmas of this year, and the year 2005. Take your pick.

Some of the movies he's produced are available now, just as some of Spielberg's productions are available.

You may e-mail me with questions, and I'll do the best I can to answer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]