Abner Ravenwood's looks

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on May 25, 1999 at 21:42:51:

In Reply to: He can't be a bookworm posted by Abner on May 25, 1999 at 17:45:08:

Since women always fall for men who are like their father (so the experts say) I think Abner would be very similar to Indy. Tall certainly, a little unkempt, and handsome. He'd be bookish when the need arises but he'd be more of a field researcher. The novelization says Abner died in an avalanche on the side of a mountain in Nepal looking for the Ark so we know he had no fear of getting out there in the thick of things.
I think he'd be well-muscled from all those years of hauling equipment and baggage around the world. He'd be an educated mans man and would have struck up a quick friendship with Indy in the beginning. I'd bet they spent some time together in bars as well as on digs.
I got the impression that Abner only thought of Indy as a bum because of the affair with Marion. This is to be expected. If my protege had a fling with my fifteen year old daughter I'd think he was a bum too. (I don't have any kids, I'm just saying)
All in all I think there'd be quite a bit of similarity between Abner and Indy...

ROB T.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]