Suckquels?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8gf.dialup.mindspring.com on May 26, 1999 at 13:19:26:

In Reply to: Agreed on LC. posted by Aragorn on May 26, 1999 at 12:37:24:

Personally I like Raiders the best. LC would be a close second (It has some of the best music in a movie EVER). I really like the movie despite agreeing with the accurate criticism that the characters become charicatures of themselves. I think part of the reason sequels aren't liked as much is because the characters are introduced in the first movie but by the second movie the director feels you already know them so there is less character development and "stuff just happens". While Lost World and Temple of Doom are examples of two sequels that were not as good as the original, Empire Strikes Back is an example of a movie that was BETTER than the original. So it doesn't always hold true. I think people also have higher expectations the second time around whereas the first time thy were pleasantly surprised. More specific to the Indiana Jones Trilogy, I think part of the reason ToD isn't liked as much is that people in our Western Society could relate to the Judeo-Christian themes in Raiders and Crusade more than the Indian stuff in ToD.

Raiders is my favorite because it has a mystical quality the others are lacking. It takes itself more seriously. The sound is better too. Listen to the scenes where Marion examines the Medallion and where the old man tells Indy the meaning of the markings on it. The wind blows and there are these eerie sounds...spooky! I love that stuff.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: