Re: The Lost Indy Movie

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.175 on May 26, 1999 at 13:51:50:

In Reply to: The Lost Indy Movie posted by sajnu on May 26, 1999 at 12:20:21:

The story your referring to was detailed in George Lucas:the Creative Impulse (a book). Both the Haunted House and the Monkey King were the initial steps in creating a story for Indy III. In fact, several elements from the completed script made their way into Last Crusade, as well as a character from Raiders who was cut. The script was by Chris Columbus, before he became a director.
walker

: Does anyone know anything about the original story they were going to use for the first Raiders sequel? I once read that it involved a Monkey King(?) or something like that. They were so certain that this was going to be the story that they even went to Africa to scout locations. If they were this intent on doing it, maybe there's something about it somewhere. Anyone know anything about this?

: The other thing I remember was that Lucas wanted to do an Indy movie about a "Haunted House". I always assumed this was just a vague description of what became the Temple of Doom, in that he just wanted a scary fortress for Indy to be stuck in. Anyone know if he ever thought about taking this Haunted House idea and doing anything different with it, though?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]