Re: I think he did support DIVX, unfortunately

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by George from ganymede.ext.eastgw.xerox.com on May 26, 1999 at 14:59:40:

In Reply to: I think he did support DIVX, unfortunately posted by Abner on May 25, 1999 at 20:19:36:

: I remember hearing about that last year. I believe you are right, and that $pielberg did annouce support for DIVX before any DVD. Digital Video Express payed some studios to do this. Now he supports DVD because there is a real market for them. Thank goodness, it looks like DIVX will be going down the tubes soon.

: I rented the American Graffiti DVD and I really liked it. It features Harrison Ford's first real role in a movie (although very small), and includes interesting tidbits about the making of the film. I thought I heard Saving Private Ryan would be on video in June for $110 or something outrageous. It doesn't matter to me as I have stopped buying tapes anyway.

: Cheers,
: Darth Sidious, um I mean Abner

That $110 price is for Rental copies. They pay a lot more to get the movies for rental a few months before the rest of us can buy them. They pay extra for the privilage of having them early. It will be out sometime in the fall for around normal prices, just wait.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]