Re: Return To Oz... oops

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob from tweedledum.its.utas.edu.au on May 26, 1999 at 17:45:41:

In Reply to: Return To Oz posted by Rob on May 26, 1999 at 17:42:32:

Oops...

The line that reads:

...sever its ties with the WIZARD OF OZ, but kept the same plot and overall mood, the same then it probably would have been...

Should really be:

...sever its ties with the WIZARD OF OZ, but kept the same plot and overall mood, then it probably would have been...

Sorry folks.

Rob
---

: I quite enjoyed RETURN TO OZ but I agree with you in that it was not necessary to draw on the same characters again.

: RETURN TO OZ would have made a great movie if it hav have stood on its own without trying to tie itself back to the origional classic. If characters and setting had have been varied just enough to sever its ties with the WIZARD OF OZ, but kept the same plot and overall mood, the same then it probably would have been more successful.

: Just my opinion,

: Rob
: ---

: : I must admit, I actually like sequels, but usually only where the character is interesting enough that I want to see more stories with him, like Indy. There are times though, when a movie is so perfect that it doesn't need anything further and it's just a bad idea to try. (Pretty much anytime they have to think really hard to find a way to make it feasible (ie. Alien 4), it should be taken as a sign.)

: : So what's your vote for the all-time worst sequel? What's the one movie that just smacks of "Bad Idea", or "Messin' with Perfection", for you?

: :
: : Unless they ever try E.T. 2, my vote would have to go to "Return to Oz". Even though I know there were many Oz stories, this remains a film I pretend never happened. Mention this title, and you can almost hear the word..."WHY?"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]