What are you , a lion tamer ?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-101.COL.cableone.net on May 26, 1999 at 20:45:56:

I thought about that line just a couple days ago when I was attending a pee wee baseball game. I was wearing one of my fedoras, a khaki safari shirt, and a pair of olive canvas pants. Now I certainly wasn't dressed like Indy, but to the untrained eye, I guess perhaps I did look like him. I heard someone comment that he(pointing to me) must be Indiana Jones. This was followed by some laughter. Now I guess I don't hear comments like this very often, partly because I am over 40, and older men tend to wear hats more than those ridiculous looking baseball caps that have become the "in thing" the last few years. I personally have worn hats for over 20 years, and just in the last few years started wearing felt fedoras. I sympathize with some of you younger guys out there in dealing with reaction sometimes encountered while out in public. Personally this little incident didn't bother me or cause any embarrasment, although, 20 years ago I will admit, it probaly would have. Quite frankly, I would rather be referred to as Indy, as opposed to Dick Tracy. ( I was called this once a few years ago.) To misquote someone, I am an actor, and the world is my stage. Perhaps I didn't butcher that quote up too much. I would be interested in any encounters you folks have had in this area, if you care to comment. I must say that I have never had a hostile encounter with anyone in this regard. Keep on wearing them. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]