Re: How old should Indy be in the fourth installment?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on May 27, 1999 at 02:01:38:

In Reply to: How old should Indy be in the fourth installment? posted by John Craig on May 27, 1999 at 01:02:19:

: I think he should be somewhere in his fifties. No?

ROB T. here,

If we weren't in the information age I think Indy's age could almost be ignored and they could place Indy IV at any time period they wanted like a year or two after "Raiders," for example.
The Indy films don't really specify Indy's age, we just know it because we know Harrison Ford's age. Indy is so weather beaten and abused that he almost looks ageless anyway. "It's not the years, it's the mileage."
But we are in the info age and so they cannot disregard Harrison Ford's advancing age so it would be impossible for Indy to be much younger than his early fifties.
Because of this, a new Indy film would have to take place sometime during the 1950's. I think this would be a shame since it would omit any use of the Nazis as villains and they make the perfect foil for Indy. They can be made to appear smart and ruthless and also like mindless followers who will willingly kill or die to obtain whatever prize Hitler sends them after.
Spielberg has said that since "Schindler's List" he is no longer interested in portraying Nazis in the way they were portrayed in the Indy flicks. This is too bad..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]