QUERY: How would the Ark change Indy???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on May 27, 1999 at 02:26:59:

I have a question about Indy's experience with the Ark of the Covenant.

In "Raiders" during Indy's conversation with Brody Indy says he does not believe what the Bible says about the power of the Ark ("I don't belive a bunch of hocus-pocus superstition... I"m going after a find of incredible historical significance, you're talking about the bogeyman.")

However, he witnesses that power firsthand on the island so how would that have changed him as a person? Would seeing physical proof of something that's warned about in the Bible have caused a spiritual conversion for him? Would he become a Christian? A Jew?

Even as a disbeliever, Indy knew not to touch the Ark and he closed his eyes when it started to go berserk so a spiritual change is not out of the question for him. If I had witnessed the power he witnessed I would be unable to go back to my normal life.

Do you think he would have been hesitant to go after other artifacts that had some religious connotation? I know he went after the Grail but that's different in that it's not a Biblical artifact. It's an Arthurian legend.

I'd be very interested in hearing some opinions on this...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]