And what about Sallah???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on May 27, 1999 at 03:31:01:

In Reply to: QUERY: How would the Ark change Indy??? posted by ROB T. on May 27, 1999 at 02:26:59:

I'm also confused about Sallah's motivation. He clearly believes in the power of the Ark yet he accepts the job as a digger with the Nazis even though he doesn't think the Ark should be disturbed. Maybe he had no choice but to accept employment with the Nazis but he could have turned Indy down and tried harder to dissuade him from going after the Ark.

I don't have one friend whom I would defy God for. So if I believed that the Ark is a harbinger of death I would not have come anywhere near it. Sallah had a wife and children to think about and that supersedes any loyalty to Indy.

Incidentally, when I said about the Grail that it wasn't a Biblical artifact I meant that the Bible doesn't speak of it having special powers the way it does about the Ark. It's just the cup that Christ drank from at the Last Supper. All the magical power stuff is just Arthurian legend so it would be reasonable for Indy to dismiss the folklore about it even after his experience with the Ark. Although, after two freaky experiences with ancient artifacts I'd give up archeology and take up theology myself.

Any thoughts???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]