Re: This obsession with Indy's clothes...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Zaritsky from spider-th021.proxy.aol.com on May 27, 1999 at 05:12:07:

In Reply to: Re: This obsession with Indy's clothes... posted by ROB T. on May 26, 1999 at 23:38:31:

This is a great topic! I currently have the shirt, fedora, and jacket and have yet to wear them in public, just because the weather hasn't dictated it. For me I genuinely like the styles of dress from that era...not just Indy's clothes but fashion in general seemed more crisp and collected. Would I wear the Wested jacket out in public? Of course I would, its a gorgeous jacket that is timeless, well made and still very fashionable. Would I wear it with the Herbert Johnson hat I have? Well, that's where I might hesitate. By putting the two together I will look like Indiana Jones, and though I am 31 years old and probably should not care what others think it might defeat the reason I have these items to begine with. I bought them to pay homage in my collection to one of my favorite Trilogys. I have not thought to wear the hat in public just because its not practical.. However, on that note let me state that for my job (I am a regional manager for a bio-tech pharmaceutical corporation) I wear suits daily so if the weather and moment dictated I would wear the hat with the suit. You know what, I will next time! Perhaps the rest of you in the forum can help me muster up enough courage to wear the wested with the hat one of these days...looking forward to that day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]