Re: How old should Indy be in the fourth installment?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-014.inetnebr.com on May 27, 1999 at 13:53:22:

In Reply to: Re: How old should Indy be in the fourth installment? posted by sajnu on May 27, 1999 at 12:08:44:

: I think they'll probably have it set between 1944-49. I don't think they'll
: limit themselves to saying that Indy is whatever age Ford is. If they were going
: to do that, they wouldn't have set Temple before Raiders, even though everyone knew
: that Ford was older.

: It's also interesting that they've set Infernal Machine in 1947. It kinda shows that
: they do acknowledge the amount of time that has passed, but aren't being exact. I think the
: middle to late forties would be a much more interesting time period than the fifties, anyway.
: I'd really like to see an Indy movie, instead of Back to the Future!

: Oh yeah, and I hope that YIJC doesn't limit them either, in terms of continuity.

I agree, the late 40's would be just about right for the next one. But thinking ahead... suppose a fifth or sixth installment is done. I wouldn't mind seeing Sean Patrick Flannery on the big screen, playing a younger (but still adult) Indy. He could have an appearance in Indy IV as well... meaning another trilogy (basically, having Ford in the first one in order to pass the torch to his successor).

Just my thoughts.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: