Re: Missing Sub Scenes... And an Explanation

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from proxy-421.public.paix.webtv.net on May 27, 1999 at 15:01:39:

In Reply to: Missing Sub Scenes posted by fatburger on May 27, 1999 at 13:20:22:

: Thanks for the answers to my sub question I posted a while back. (Why Indy gets on a diving submarine without any explanation during Raiders.) I read this part of the script and was surprised to learn it was originally a pretty long scene, complete with sharks and a trip through the underwater tunnel.

: Does anyone know why Spielberg cut all of this out? It's obvious that it might have slowed the pace, or been perceived as a little far-fetched maybe, but it's odd he would cut it all out and leave such a glaring blooper. Has he ever been asked about this?

Well this scene would have been a really great scene, especially the air pocket he made with his jacket and stuff, but it probably was too far-fetched for even Indy. And the sharks swimming around the periscope too is also too classic. But maybe there will be a time(Maybe an Indiana Jones: Special Edition) where we will be able to see it. Like the Jabba scene in Star Wars.

Regards, Short Stuff

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]