And there's irony to this too....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 28, 1999 at 10:15:23:

In Reply to: Re: Put on the hat and the jacket, boys! posted by Dale Dassel on May 28, 1999 at 06:50:32:

: : If I were a guy I'd definitely dress like Indy! When I have enough money to buy a car, I'm going to get a jeep and have it painted like the vehicles in Jurassic Park. One of the greatest things about being a kid is something called "playing" and the other is "pretending". I'm a total kid at heart. Life is too desperately short to spend it being all serious and grown up. Maybe Halloween is such a favourite holiday among grownups because we all love getting dressed up as something/someone else -- but why should we have one appointed day when grownups are allowed to have fun? My boyfriend is dying to dress up as Obi Wan Kenobi and stride around NJ. I say go for it! I wouldn't be embarrassed. He dresses up like Indy all the time and I think he looks adorable. So please, PLEASE don't just hang your hats and jackets on the wall for decoration. WEAR THEM! I'd LOVE to run into one of you on the street dressed as Indy. You'd get a big smile from me. And the people who think you're strange are people who have no imagination and are boring and take themselves too seriously. As Peter Pan says, NEVER GROW UP!

: I totally agree with you marion!!! As a matter of fact, just
: yesterday I had to go to the hospital to visit my grandpa, and I
: wore my M.B.A. Indy pants, my Wested, and my Aldens. I was DYING
: to wear my new Herbert Johnson fedora, but my grandma kept insisting
: that it would be out of place in a hospital. Maybe next time...
: But I do agree with you. I'm also a kid at heart. I draw my own comics,
: the one I invented in 8th grade, I like to play computer games, and
: I collect the occasional Star Wars toy. Being a kid DOES keep you
: young- at heart and physically. I look a lot younger than 20 (though
: that's actually how old I am!) :) Long live Indiana Jones!!!

: Yours truly,

: Dale Dassel

....as I've grown older and have worn my fedora for all these years from one end of the country to the other, on days that are pretty warm here in southern Tennessee and I've decided not to wear my hat that day, I'm ALWAYS approached by at least one person (some I don't even personally know) who ask where my fedora is. They actually notice when I DON'T wear one, so this is a two way street. Some people get used to you wearing your items, and when you don't they get nervous. (grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]