Re: How Should Indy Die??

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from proxy-371.public.rwc.webtv.net on May 28, 1999 at 13:23:52:

In Reply to: Re: How Should Indy Die?? posted by The Man with the Hat on May 28, 1999 at 13:04:27:

: : :
: : : : I'd imagine that unless Indy decided to go out adventuring one last time, at the age of 93, he did INDEED die in bed of old age. (After all the thrills his life brought to him, the man deserved a rest).

: : : : Aragorn

: : : You're forgetting, he to a slug from the Grail so old age won't kill him

: :
: : Actually, I think that the Knight told Indy and his group not to cross the Great Seal after drinking from the Grail. Since they did, I'm pretty sure that his immortality (at least in this life) was voided!

: :
: : -G

: Actually, one drink from the Grail is only effective for a short period of time!! It wasn't that Indy could not cross the Great Seal; it was the Grail that couldn't cross. That was the price of immortality. Another source, I believe it was the novelization, had the Grail Knight explaining that the reason his strength had left him was that he refused to drink from the grail each time he felt unworthy. On a side note, I've often wondered if the Grail Knight died when the dust belched from the door of the Temple of the Crescent Moon, or if he died later from old age because he lacked the Grail. Just a thought.

: See ya,

: The Man with the Hat

:
: "Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

It seems stupid why your immortality works for a short time. "Immortality" is what the Highlander has. "Immortality" is what Raiden from Mortal Kombat has(HEY!!! Both of those characters were Christopher Lambert!!) And a short time isn't 700 years. In real life in the Biblical days people did live 700 years and older, so taken a drink from the Grail, sheesh they'ed live forever until someone chops their head of like on Highlander. And that's why Shang Tzung an Shao Khan kept on returning for each game and movie, TV SERIES EVEN!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]