Re: Ray...You're chanting!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 29, 1999 at 08:04:18:

In Reply to: Re: Ray...You're chanting! posted by Ben, friend of Indy on May 29, 1999 at 05:03:00:

: : :
: : : : : : Was Mola Ram's name ever mentioned when Indy was introduced to him? I was trying to remember the other day, but the only line of dialogue that I remember addressing him was on the rope bridge when Indy calls him by name.

: : : : : : I read that it's rumoured that Mola Ram appeared in the banquet scene originally, and this is how he meets him. Personally, I'm glad he wasn't in it, because he is much more frightening being introduced as he was, than he would have been in a suit!

: : : : : Interesting point. Maybe he heard the name when the natives were chanting in the Temple as Indy, Willy, and Shorty were watching the sacrifice. It is heard there. Regards. Michaelson

: : : :
: : : : Yes, that explains it. Indy also cries "Mola Ram!" as he is rushing him, swinging the staff after Shorty wakes Indy from the black sleep. Mola Ram then escapes in the well-placed trap door under Kali. It does seem plausible that Mola Ram was originally introduced in a cut-scene, though. --nitzsche

: : : There are good points why he knows his name:

: : : #1) If he was in the black sleep and under the control of Kali Ma and Mola Ram was the chief dude he would have known his name if he was in association with him.

: : : #2) Remember what they say in the sacrifice "Mola Ram sudarom" and stuff.

: :
: : "Once they get in here...it's all over"

: : That scene has a lot of similarities to the Young Sherlock Holmes "Rummi-Tap" scene.

: : Cheers,
: : Abner

: While we're talking about Young Sherlock Holmes, does anybody know what they pour on the "five" (Watson saved Elizabeth "Good show, Watson!"!)princesses in that scene?

We've said it before, I'll say it again, MAN that was a good movie, wasn't it? It was on again last week on AMC. Surprised the heck out of me because I panned it when it first came out. I was wrong. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]