Banquet Scene, (For the Record)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sajnu from host-209-214-176-22.cae.bellsouth.net on May 29, 1999 at 10:36:04:

Remember those little storybooks they used to release with a record or tape? You know, you listen to the tape while you read the book, (they've got em for Episode I now). Well anyway, I had the one for Temple of Doom and I remembered a question I had about it the other day.

There was a line of dialogue on it, (not Ford's- voice actor), during the banquet scene where Indy says to himself, "Hindu's don't eat meat..." (I assume it was during the Snake Surprise.)

Anyone know if this was ever part of the plot, or in any drafts for the script? It was presented like it was the first clue Indy got at the palace that something wasn't right.

If not, it's kinda funny if they just threw it in to help the kids unravel that something was afoot! "See, Hindu's don't eat meat....hint, hint!" (To which the kid would reply, "But of course!! I knew something here was conflicting with my studies of Hindu culture, but I couldn't quite make sense of it!!"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]