To Sallah and everyone who hates Jar Jar

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mack from 168.191.153.55 on May 30, 1999 at 22:54:02:

Why? Why does everyone want Jar Jar dead? Although I hate to say it, I found that Jar Jar was my favorite character. I mean, I would like to say that Obi-Wan or Qui-gonn was favorite character, but I simply have to face facts: I love Jar Jar! Why do people find him annoying? Maybe it's because Jar Jar is annoying to the characters and people associate themselves with those characters to much, wearing Jedi robes and having light saber duels while standing in line for the movie and such. I don't know. The point is, I thought Jar Jar was hilarious in every scene (just his voice and the way he talks is enough to make me laugh). If anything was annoying, it was Jake Loyd's performance, but I'm able to look past that because he was well directed and I cared for his character. If some of you people were to watch Jar Jar as a comic relief and not an annoyance, you might find that his character is very enjoyable.

Let me admit that I am a little ashamed of myself. Not because I like Jar Jar, but because I had read a few Phantom Menace reviews before I saw the movie. This is a practice I'm trying to stop. Anyway, I read all these bad things about Jar Jar. Things like "he's annoying" and "he's not funny"; basically everything you guys said. So, while I was standing in line for the movie, I was expecting an alien that was going to be annoying and not funny. But I got the complete opposite of that. I think this character is a wonderful addition to the great characters in the Star Wars universe.

-Mack: One Who Likes Jar Jar

P.S. If there is anyone out there who shares my opinion, this may be my last post about Star Wars. That is, if it is annoying you. Oky-day?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]