The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Galacter Tiga from ts006d35.las-nv.concentric.net on May 31, 1999 at 01:40:25:

I find it hard to believe that most people disliked this awesome show. Clearly it was the most ambitious project ever put on television, but in the final run, it looks as though fate may have had more to do with it's demise than ratings.

Byt the end of the year, we are told yet again from the unreliable McCallum, we might get to see the DVD release of all 44 episodes combined into 22 seperate features. MY hope is that Lucas will create a boxed set version that encases all twenty-two discs, featuring an array of wraparound art that is different from what will actuablly be the covers of the discs.

I cannot imagine this type of release might have happened had the show gone on any longer. Hopefully, the two unveiled epsiodes that were filmed for this release will bring a great deal of narrative closure to the epic.

I feel that where Indy in the movies had only been about action and adventure, Young Indy fleshed out the character in a way that made him entirely more interesting. THe point was not to learn more about Indy himself (as we'd already gotten to knowe him well enough in the movies) but to learn more about Indy's world: our world.

YIJC was the gratest, most under-rated event in the history of Television. I miss it dearly.

GT

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]