Re: Question about Indy novels...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-002.inetnebr.com on June 01, 1999 at 10:06:12:

In Reply to: Question about Indy novels... posted by ROB T. on June 01, 1999 at 03:50:45:

: I've never read any of the Indy novels except for the novelization of "Raiders" but I would like to. Which one should I start with? I'd like to start with the best one of course but which would that be?
: Any of you who've read them. What is the one Indy novel that no Indy fan should miss???

Max McCoy's "Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone" is what first **really** brought me into the Indy novels. I had read both Rob MacGregor's "IJ and the Genesis Deluge" and "IJ and the Unicorn's Legacy" before, but it wasn't until I picked up "Philospher's Stone" that I found myself hooked on the books. Up until now, "Philospher's Stone" remains my all-time favorite Indy novel. I recommend you start with it, and then move your way through the rest of McCoy's books before moving onto MacGregor's. His are great too--especially his "IJ and the Dance of the Giants"--but I'd recommend McCoy, to begin

If you like, you can try out the late Martin Caidin's two books... but to warn you, I hated both of them. Especially "IJ and the White Witch", which was so awful that I was forced to stop reading halfway through... two years ago... and I've never picked it up again since. Nor have I wanted to.

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]