I don't think it would be that bad

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert from port4.westworld.ca on June 01, 1999 at 14:02:48:

In Reply to: I am against Indiana Jones Special Edition posted by Abner on June 01, 1999 at 13:47:21:

: After what they did to Star Wars I don't think I'd like a Special Edition, not unless the original was also always available. I don't like the fact that the original Star Wars is now "hard to find". Now they are saying Star Wars DVD will be another special edition because Lucas still isn't satisfied. I don't like how they made Greedo shoot Han Solo first in order to be more PC. Can you imagine what they would do to Indy if Spielberg felt the same way as Lucas? That scene shooting the Cairo swordsman would be gone. I think the movies need to be remastered for DVD, maybe even some of the special effects reprinted digitally instead of optically, but other than that, I wouldn't change anything, errors and all. I mean, there are a million things to fix in the three movies, but a special edition would be nice to see ONLY if you could also view the original. For everything they fix, they might take out something you like, such as Belloq "eating a fly". I'd be pleased with a THX 16x9 enhanced Indiana Jones DVD set with "making of" videos included and some deleted scenes/outtakes for fun.

: Cheers,
: Abner

Personally, I think the special edition for Star Wars was excellent. I saw nothing to complain about except the Greedo shooting first change (complately pointless), but everything else was excellent. Everyone complains about the Greedo scene but they also forget the wonderful things he changed such as the changed celebration sequence in Return of the Jedi (far better than the Yub-Yub theme). I hope Lucas would put something wonderful like that in if he were to do an Indy Special Edition. Oh and Abner, I wouldn't worry about the Cairo swordsmen scene being changed. Spielberg and Lucas are very proud of that and it is so famous and copied, to change it would be blasphemy. But no doubt about the enhanced picture and sound, I would love to see that. And improves of some of the special effects would be good. Plus, if they do a Indy SE, it would be available for widescreen!! Yay! Plus Abner, since I have the original Star Wars version for video, it wouldn't matter to me if I can't find the originals. The same would go for Indy since I also own that trilogy, too.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]