Re: Wested are halting jacket sales?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust179.tnt1.provo.ut.da.uu.net on June 03, 1999 at 13:56:27:

In Reply to: Wested are halting jacket sales? posted by Seamus on June 03, 1999 at 10:40:40:

: I read that Wested is temporarily halting production of the Raiders jackets due to a huge back log and something about a licensing agreement. Is this true?

: Regards, sincerely and faithfully etc.

: Seamus

You know something? I knew this was going to happen sooner or later. I thought maybe with continuing demands to make further costumes for movies, and the remote possibility of Indy IV being produced, that Wested would eventually pause or discontinue production of this jacket. I also told myself that the more word got out of the availability of the jacket, the greater the chance Lucasfilm would put a cease and desist on it. Though, I don't see Lucasfilm's trademark on the jacket (they have their own licensed version which I also own), so it is hard to believe they can do anything. But, then again, the jackets are referred to as "Indiana Jones(TM)" jackets with the respective movie titles used for distinguishing styles. Perhaps if Wested just referred to them as the "Adventurer Classic, Super, and Deluxe" styles, they could use that as a loophole. I fear we may not see a good outcome. I hope all goes well. --nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]