Re: Question about Indy novels...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryfun from atl-tgn-ydg-vty14.as.wcom.net on June 03, 1999 at 17:46:38:

In Reply to: Question about Indy novels... posted by ROB T. on June 01, 1999 at 03:50:45:

: I've never read any of the Indy novels except for the novelization of "Raiders" but I would like to. Which one should I start with? I'd like to start with the best one of course but which would that be?
: Any of you who've read them. What is the one Indy novel that no Indy fan should miss???

I would read them in the order they came out, starting with Peril at Delphi. You pretty much have to read Rob MacGregor's books
in order, because they're interconnected. Caidin's books are 100% horrible, and so strongly defy the original
concept of the Indiana Jones character, they should never have been approved by LFL. I've never heard anyone say
anything bad about Max McCoy's books; I just haven't read them yet (I have them, I just haven't cracked them open yet).
But I'd read them all in the order they came out, though I would consider skipping the Caidin books. Martin Caidin should
have stuck with Steve Austin, Astronaut, a man barely alive, yada yada.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]