Re: Opinions...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from spider-th074.proxy.aol.com on June 03, 1999 at 19:29:49:

In Reply to: Opinions... posted by Groo on June 03, 1999 at 19:17:33:

: Is it just me or do any of the rest of you think that George Lucas is a greedy piece of crap? I mean, it's not like the guy is still a starving film school student; How many of his films are in the top 10 highest grossing movies of all time? Four or five? It just doesn't make any sense to me that this guy who seems like such a cute little fuzzball is sooo relentless at pursuing anyone or anything that remotely resembles anything that he came up with. Soon he will be suing Alden shoes for still manufacturing and selling the 405. Not only does Georgy-poo produce a sub-par SW flick, now he(or his lawyer) is going to make it impossible for true fans to get a replica jacket? I wonder who brought this to the light, wether it was someone monitoring this and other pages or it it may have been us. Remember the US Wings controversy a few months back. Who wants to give odds that good ole Sgt. Hack may have had something to do with this latest nonsense coming from Skywalker ranch.
: What is it about money that drives people insane? The more they make, the more afraid they are that someone is going to get a peice of their pile. Here's to you George, I hope the IRS investigates you until your penniless again. Here's to you Peter, I hope you come through this okay.
: My Observations,
: Groo

Groo,
Hi there! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely think Mr. Lucas is a brillant person and has made some wonderful movies, but I don't see why he (or whoever is), is doing this with the jackets. For a recent school project we were supposed to send a buissness letter to a company who you are pleased with, and I was going to send one to Wested saying how great I think they are for still making the original jacket for the people who love the movies, and enjoy the jackets and stuff. I still hope they are able to make the original jackets, becasue I think it is great what Peter is doing. I also feel kind-of bad, like if only we hadn't asked him to make the jacket's and sell them to us, that he wouldn't be in this mess. But I guess it's not any of ours or Peter's fault. I just hope that the whole thing works out, and Peter will not have to pay Lucas any moeny or stuff. Well, that's what I have to say for now.

~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]