Re: Atlantis...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on June 04, 1999 at 03:42:01:

In Reply to: ROB T, either of these... posted by Rob on June 04, 1999 at 01:29:50:

I'm a little lukewarm on Atlantis mainly because it's static. As a place it can't be "Loaded onto a truck for Cairo." It can't be stolen back and forth between two adversaries. But if the script were really good then maybe. I saw a script on the web that involved Atlantis and though it claimed to be genuine I wasn't impressed with it.
I'd be hard pressed to come up with an artifact that is as cool as the Ark. It has everything that anyone could ask for in an Indy treasure. I like the irony in having Hitler desperately searching for a JEWISH treasure to make his army invincible.
As far as religious artifacts maybe Indy could search for something religious that isn't part of the Judeo-Christian religion. There are lots of other religions and probably lots of great treasures that carry some significance that could be exploited for a great movie.
Regarding the Shroud of Turin. Is this artifact lost? I was always under the impression that it was in a museum somewhere.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]