Business as usual

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Micah from sallah.gsfc.nasa.gov on June 04, 1999 at 06:41:27:

In Reply to: Re: The Wested website... posted by Michaelson on June 04, 1999 at 06:23:28:

: : I don't see any reason why Peter can't just remove all allusions to the name and continue to sell the authentic jacket. This forum and other Indy websites will help sell the Wested name as the creators of the Indy jacket. One thing that puzzles me, Michaelson, I think reported a while ago that when he was talking to Peter Botwright about the jackets, Peter informed him that he just took an order for one of the jackets from non other than George Lucas himself. Why would he just now decide to pull out the licensing trump card when he must have known Peter was selling the jacket? I have no idea about any of this as I just read the forum posts about this last night. How did this news break?

: Greg, the exact same thought came to my mind when I first read this. I'll keep my thoughts to myself regarding this until Peter posts whether it's true or not. Until then, as it say above I believe it's business as usual. Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson,

You were wise to take that tact. I wasn't going to post anything on this matter on the front page until I got confirmation, but I went a bit crazy on the Forum. Sorry, but this tapped into one of my worst fears. I warned Peter on this possibility when he asked for my opinion on the first iteration of his website, which had far more flagrant Indiana Jones references.

Be assured that it is indeed "business as usual." I asked Peter on the phone this morning whether there was any truth to this rumor, and he said "Not at all."

--Micah

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]